It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:07 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Update

Basketball is not every thing. It's the only thing!
Captain: BKV_NP
Moderator: tnqk

Update

Postby tnqk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 pm

NTU alr booked a court from 5 to 7pm on next Friday (2 Oct 09). I'll keep you guys posted re: the venue. We will try to have scrimmage since our last friendly game got interrupted by the weather.

First training will be at Block 224 Bukit Batok (walkable distance from Bukit Batok MRT, u can always refer to the locality map. For those coming from NUS, u can take 189 all the way to its last stop, which is at Bukit Batok Interchange, total travel time about 15 - 20 minutes from Clementi) Different venues will be decided for subsequent trainings.

More importantly, I just got news that the deadline for registration is 4 Oct (Jammer League Season 2). So we all gotta decide quickly, and preferably after the 1st training whether we're firm to go on with this. I'll be frank: if there's a lack of players who can actually commit, we'll just have to call it off. There's financial concern involved as well.

I need to stress that I'm not trying to impose this upon yall. It's absolutely on a voluntary basis. I wanna do this, and am not gonna chicken out once I'm in, but the decision is not mine to make. It's a collective one that needs everyone's consensus. I know many of us have other commitments, and I fully understand that.
tnqk

Re: Update

Postby BKV_NP » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:37 am

1st question: when does the league start?

2nd question: how many teams are playing there?

3rd question: Is it indoor or outdoor game? (game fee is $110/game)

4th question: What are the time and venue for each game? fixed or varied?

5th question: Game fee is split equally or how?

6th question: When the league starts off, do we still have a training weekly? Everyone who wants to join the league should think of the commitment for training as well. As level of the opponents in the league is above us, if we do not train seriously there is no way we can beat them.

Few points from me. Thanks Ken for keeping us updated :D
Luu manh gia danh 9X >:)
BKV_NP

Re: Update

Postby tnqk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm

BKV_NP wrote:1st question: when does the league start?

2nd question: how many teams are playing there?

3rd question: Is it indoor or outdoor game? (game fee is $110/game)

4th question: What are the time and venue for each game? fixed or varied?

5th question: Game fee is split equally or how?

6th question: When the league starts off, do we still have a training weekly? Everyone who wants to join the league should think of the commitment for training as well. As level of the opponents in the league is above us, if we do not train seriously there is no way we can beat them.

Few points from me. Thanks Ken for keeping us updated :D

1. Nov when number of teams is confirmed

2. we don't know yet. season 1 has 11 playing.

3. indoor

4. venues are fixed. queenstown sec school and hometeam clubhouse.
timing is dependent upon league schedule i guess. from the schedule it seems that they usually ball on Sat, from morning (10am) till latest 3.30pm (last game of the day). again, it depends on the number of participating teams as well.

5. we haven't decided on tt. i don't think dudes favor any discrimination system though. most are still schooling (including wo haha) so costs will probably split equal.

6. we already fix trainings on Wed eve and Sat morning (u bastard never came last week X( ) but yup i second u RE: competitiveness. rmb the west coast ballers? they are in and they are somewhere in the middle of the league ranking. bandar (for those who don't know him, former MVP, NUS IVP) plays reserve for the top dog. yall get the point.

i've posted a link. do yr homework la u lazy ass http://www.jammers.sg/Teams/league_rules.htm

on a different but relevant topic, i find it extremely inefficient posting stuff here. i'd much rather sms dudes. and try to attend trainings coz tt's the time i actually speak to peeps abt what's going on.

oh, training will be tmr. same place. meet at boonlay mrt. 7pm.
tnqk

Return to CLB Bóng rổ